Very Old, Very Healthy Diabetic

...or die trying.
I was diagnosed in 1998 at the age of 33 with NIDDM or Type 2 diabetes. I come from a diabetic clan. I even married a diabetic. Are you on the diabetes road, too?
This is my goal: to become a very old, very healthy diabetic by day to day choices regarding eating, exercise and medical management. Walk along with me...

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Snow = Exercise

We're having a snow day in Portland. It's actually quite beautiful, lovely powdery snow. 3-6 inches, at my guess.





Dr. Parts and I were up in the mountains, well, the coast range, the little mountains between Portland and the ocean. And I caught this photo of him exercising:











I also got this photo. This is what I usually see when we're travelling:



This is Snickers, the crazy little brown dog. She spends a lot of time on my lap when we're driving.

I've been to the acupuncturist twice now. And it's helping! It's not a miraculous 100% cure, but the foot pain is much better. Of course, he has an entirely different idea of what kind of orthotic I need in my shoe than does the podiatrist. (I think I'll stick with the podiatrist on this one for now.)

I was supposed to have the bone scan today, but I spent the time putting chains on the vehicle. I had a no-problem commute, though. I rescheduled the bone test to Friday. I'm told that our neighbor Nancy got a photo of me putting chains on the Ford. Is she thinking blackmail?

I was scheduled to drive to Salem to see a second podiatrist tomorrow. They've got black ice down Salem way. I rescheduled the appointment for two weeks out.

And, just regularly scheduled medical stuff, I have an appointment with my Internal Med doc on Monday and a dental cleaning on Tuesday. I am high maintenance, am I not?

Dr. Parts shoveled the sidewalk and the driveways for both us and for Nancy & Sue next door. More exercise.

At the moment, for Dr. Parts, snow equals snoring.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:18 PM, Blogger Allison said…

    The snow in Eugene would have been fine if I didn't have to trudge all over campus in slush. Yuck. :-(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

(***)