Very Old, Very Healthy Diabetic

...or die trying.
I was diagnosed in 1998 at the age of 33 with NIDDM or Type 2 diabetes. I come from a diabetic clan. I even married a diabetic. Are you on the diabetes road, too?
This is my goal: to become a very old, very healthy diabetic by day to day choices regarding eating, exercise and medical management. Walk along with me...

Monday, November 27, 2006

Despised Items

Things I hate:

1) I hate that Blogger Beta and the changeover it has prompted is foiling me from leaving comments on many of my favorite blogs. So I cannot congratulate my friend, who I've never met, in NY, who has just gotten a referral for a child. She now has a son, who will soon be arriving from South America. It's a beautiful thing, and my usual method for acknowledging it is stymied. Drats. I'll just have to knit a gift for them anyway.

2) I hate that someone, another blogger, is apparently stealing material from diabetes bloggers, including me. This stealing of blogged writing is a nasty habit. Written material is copywrited, ladies and gentlemen, whether a notice is posted or not. And my stuff is my own. There are enough of us that one ought to have one owns point of view, one owns opinions, not have to swipe my strange, irregular little posts. Stop it. If you regularly read blogs, keep an eye out. You have the right to expect fresh writing, not recycled (STOLEN!) stuff. I will not link to the accused; why should they benefit?

3) I hate that my insurance company pays 80% for my test strips, but only 50% for my husbands, even though they're the same dratted test strips and we've been using them for the same amount of time. Insurance Co says that these test strips are not covered at the highest level, but that my coverage is grandfathered, but his are not. This is poppycock, IMHO. Why fight with a young (less than 10 years since diagnosis) diabetic over [bad words deleted] test strips, which can only improve control and knowlege? This quickly devolves in to a grudge against my local pharmacy, which inappropriately billed husband's test strips to a worker's comp claim-totally unrelated to diabetes-for some time, leading the insurance company, perhaps, to believe that he hadn't been using these test strips for as long as he actually has.

4) I hate that so many of us who operate motor vehicles do not use our turn signals as intended. Try it!

5) I hate that I have so much judgement, resentment and anger in my soul. I'm going to go see if I can find better ways of processing it today. I seek to be filled with love, forgiveness, compassion, and hope. I may have to receive it from God, as I don't know that I can find it in myself. Thankfully, I am confident of my Source.

And I've gotta get through this [bad words deleted] holiday season.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Haha, the holiday seasons are fabulous. Imagine what your mood would be like if this were, say, January, and you had a good whole three months before you had a paid holiday? I love November and December! Lotsa days off!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

(***)