Very Old, Very Healthy Diabetic

...or die trying.
I was diagnosed in 1998 at the age of 33 with NIDDM or Type 2 diabetes. I come from a diabetic clan. I even married a diabetic. Are you on the diabetes road, too?
This is my goal: to become a very old, very healthy diabetic by day to day choices regarding eating, exercise and medical management. Walk along with me...

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Diabetes may cause nuclear war

I'm not making this up.

Here's a link to the news piece on Yahoo! News Asia. In essence, Japan's ruling party's policy chief, Shoichi Nakagawa speculated that North Korea's ruler, Kim Jung Il, might make a nuclear attack on Japan due to his diabetes.

"One does not do such a thing normally. But because that country's leader has overeaten luxurious food and suffers from diabetes, he could think about it."

I knew that sometimes diabetes caused bad moods, and low blood sugars, and excessive medical bills. But nuclear war?

Does this guy owe us all an apology or what?

I'm all for peace. I hope for a peaceful resolution to the situation with North Korea. I hope for a peaceful resolution between the Type 1 and Type 2 camps, and all the other D-types.

Visualize world peace with me.

Or was that whirled peas?

1 Comments:

  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Kerri. said…

    What? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

    I'm with you on this one: whirled peas for all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

(***)