Very Old, Very Healthy Diabetic

...or die trying.
I was diagnosed in 1998 at the age of 33 with NIDDM or Type 2 diabetes. I come from a diabetic clan. I even married a diabetic. Are you on the diabetes road, too?
This is my goal: to become a very old, very healthy diabetic by day to day choices regarding eating, exercise and medical management. Walk along with me...

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

One D Joke

Lori and Allison are walking through the city. The pass a chocolate shop and Allison's handbag starts beeps loudly five times.

"What's that noise?" asks Lori.

"It's my new meter,"Allison replies. "You know how I am about gadgets. I just had to get the latest meter. It has a proximity alarm for things that are dangerous to PWDs. So it beeps when I'm too near high concentrations of sugar, fats, things like that."

They continue on down the street and pass a bakery. The meter beeps loudly 10 times. Lori is starting to get a little embarrassed by all this. The pass a fast food joint and the meter beeps loudly 10 times and adds a shrill siren at the end.

Finally they turn into the office building. The alarm goes crazy, super-loud beeps and sirens and klaxons, and verbal warnings to leave immediately. Allison nearly drops her bag. She looks around. "Gosh, I don't know what's wrong with it. There's not even a coffee shop or a newsstand selling mints in here."

Lori says, "Oh, didn't you notice the listings? This building has some new tenants: your health insurance company, a brand new pharmaceutical company, and the state republican party headquarters. "

(Okay, so it's bad, really really bad. I'm not George, what can I say?)

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

(***)