Very Old, Very Healthy Diabetic

...or die trying.
I was diagnosed in 1998 at the age of 33 with NIDDM or Type 2 diabetes. I come from a diabetic clan. I even married a diabetic. Are you on the diabetes road, too?
This is my goal: to become a very old, very healthy diabetic by day to day choices regarding eating, exercise and medical management. Walk along with me...

Sunday, January 28, 2007

The New(er) Car


Here's our new(er) car. Dr. Parts drove it up to Rocky Butte to get a photo of me and the car. The mountain in the background, over my head, is Mount Saint Helens. Yes, that Mt. St. Helens which erupts periodically. And yes, I was here in May 1980 when it exploded and blew its top. It was a gorgeous perfect mountain, almost cone shaped, and, from where I live, it looks like someone sliced off the top of it. The photo was taken looking to the north. The car is a 2002 VW Jetta. Diesel.
Still haven't gotten the results of the bone scan. I'll go to the 2nd podiatrist in Salem, driving the red car, on Wednesday. It should be good.
Now, I have another reason to keep my job, besides the health insurance. Debt!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:49 PM, Blogger Chrissie in Belgium said…

    Congratulations on the newer car! Prety pretty pretty

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger Minnesota Nice said…

    Oh baby, that's very jazzy looking. I always wanted a red car.
    (Unfortunately, I just found out that mine has a broken head gasket, which may not be worth fixing...............)
    Drive safely.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

(***)