Very Old, Very Healthy Diabetic

...or die trying.
I was diagnosed in 1998 at the age of 33 with NIDDM or Type 2 diabetes. I come from a diabetic clan. I even married a diabetic. Are you on the diabetes road, too?
This is my goal: to become a very old, very healthy diabetic by day to day choices regarding eating, exercise and medical management. Walk along with me...

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Yoga for Diabetes Type 2

I have now survived a yoga class. I was sweaty and sore, and looked terrible in my headwrap, but I did it. I exercised, and I am going back.

I can see how yoga would produce strength and flexibility. Has anybody studied yoga, and similar exercise regimens for Type 2 diabetes? I don't know. I do think this is an exercise that one could do for the rest of one's life. Being able to continue to do the exercise forever is, imho, an important consideration for choosing an exercise for a person with diabetes.

I am not currently employed. I am bursting with ideas, and am taking action on several. I must plant and nurture some seeds and see what grows.

The unemployment situation is wreaking havoc with my meds. Really. COBRA is great, but I have no idea what the pharmacy will find when I go to renew my 'scripts next week. My usual co-pay, at this time of year, is $200 for a monthly supply. I fear it may be far, far greater, if the COBRA doesn't show up when they run the insurance.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:44 AM, Blogger If not a mother... said…

    I hope all goes well with insurance.

    And yay! yoga.

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Sue Rericha said…

    Hi! I found you while looking for blogs of others with Type 2. I was diagnosed almost two years ago, about two weeks before my 38th birthday. I look forward to reading more. Feel free to check out my blog, too!

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi there-

    I'm working on a project for WebMD about Type 2 diabetes and we are looking for people who have it to tell their story. I really enjoy your blog. Would you have any interest in learning more and potentially participating?

    If so, please email me.

    Thanks
    Cathy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

(***)