Very Old, Very Healthy Diabetic

...or die trying.
I was diagnosed in 1998 at the age of 33 with NIDDM or Type 2 diabetes. I come from a diabetic clan. I even married a diabetic. Are you on the diabetes road, too?
This is my goal: to become a very old, very healthy diabetic by day to day choices regarding eating, exercise and medical management. Walk along with me...

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Resilient

And now, no job.

My employment ended mid-January.

My boss is very happy. And I am too, actually. I enjoy having more time to do the things that I want to do, and spend time in my own home, with my dogs.

I am going to miss the paycheck.

I am starting the job search. Regroup. My mother called me RESILIENT. I think this is my current life motto. Resilient.

I am having to choose carefully who I spend my time with. It is no picnic to hear people say discouraging things about the job market. I don't need lots of jobs. I need one job. And one job is easy to find. I can always find employment; it just may not be at the career level that I was hoping to be at.

So please send encouraging comments only.

I have finished a scarf for my sister in law, and am planning on designing a few hat patterns for a local knit shop. Me. Designing. OMG, as they say.

And perhaps I can pick up some writing jobs. Freelance? I don't know.

It feels like a beginning, not an end. I miss my coworkers. I miss them a lot. They are a group of highly talented women, with joy and creativity. It was a privilege to work with them for the time I did.

So, at the very least, there should be more blog posting.

How does this affect my diabetes? I don't know. I haven't been testing. It's tough for me to create structure for my life without the job. I'm getting back on track, though.

I am resilient.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 5:45 PM, Blogger If not a mother... said…

    Thinking of you - I know people in the area, so let me know if you want to be connected for any possible job opportunities.

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger Bob Fenton said…

    I wish you success in your endeavors and finding a job that meets your needs.

    Keep blogging!

    Bob

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

(***)