Very Old, Very Healthy Diabetic

...or die trying.
I was diagnosed in 1998 at the age of 33 with NIDDM or Type 2 diabetes. I come from a diabetic clan. I even married a diabetic. Are you on the diabetes road, too?
This is my goal: to become a very old, very healthy diabetic by day to day choices regarding eating, exercise and medical management. Walk along with me...

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Bon Voyage, Allison

Allison, of Lemon Lemonade, is heading off for New Jersey, new job, new life.

I'll miss having her so local and available.. I'll be rooting for her success.

You GO girl!!

Thinking about that part of the world makes me miss some of the food from my college days in Baltimore. The pizza bagels that got us through evening study sessions. The italian cold cut subs from the deli down the street. Drinking real (sugared) Pepsi from morning to midnight.

There is something exciting about going all the way across the country to start college, or to start a job following college. She will have such fun.

I'm a teensy weensy bit envious about the adventure of it all. But not about the packing.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger Scott S said…

    I certainly agree. I grew up in Connecticut, but moved out to San Jose, California for my first career move and wouldn't trade the experience of starting on my own across the country for anything under the sun! Of course, no one knows where we'll end up, but Allison can certainly go home again ... today, I live in NYC, less than 70 miles from my hometown.

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger Minnesota Nice said…

    Hey sis,
    I lost your email address. Please send it so I can tell my tale of woe re the Mason Dixon Curtain.
    Kathy
    pinkladyslipper@gmail.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

(***)