Very Old, Very Healthy Diabetic

...or die trying.
I was diagnosed in 1998 at the age of 33 with NIDDM or Type 2 diabetes. I come from a diabetic clan. I even married a diabetic. Are you on the diabetes road, too?
This is my goal: to become a very old, very healthy diabetic by day to day choices regarding eating, exercise and medical management. Walk along with me...

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Weekend with World's Cutest Nieces

These are the world's cutest nieces, the daughters of Dr. Part's brother.

The eldest is Maddy, and the twins are Abby (in green) and McKenzie (in blue). They are wonderful girls, with many talents, although each having her own set of talents. They are active, fun, bright. They are delightful. They are a source of joy to me and to their uncle.

We had a great weekend, just hanging out with family. No big projects. No weddings. No funerals.

We spent Sunday afternoon with my grandparents. Still diabetic, still wise, still learning, still loving and advising us. They've moved from a one-bedroom apartment to a two-bedroom apartment across the hall. It is much better and they seem very relaxed and comfortable.

And now back to your regularly scheduled life: work, medical appointments, housework, etc.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger Lyrehca said…

    Gorgeous kids, all three of them!

     
  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger Minnesota Nice said…

    What beautiful precious children. Family is important. My niece and nephews mean the world to me (even if they don't always answer my e-mails)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

(***)