Very Old, Very Healthy Diabetic

...or die trying.
I was diagnosed in 1998 at the age of 33 with NIDDM or Type 2 diabetes. I come from a diabetic clan. I even married a diabetic. Are you on the diabetes road, too?
This is my goal: to become a very old, very healthy diabetic by day to day choices regarding eating, exercise and medical management. Walk along with me...

Sunday, April 01, 2007

My Bruiser: An Update


My dear husband is doing much better. The stitches were removed this week. He hasn't seen the doctor yet to ask all his questions about the implications of the clot, diabetes, etc.

He seems to have an allergy to the bandages, or the adhesive used in them, because his skin did not react well to them. We did try to move the bandage to not hit the same area time after time. Alas, he still got broken skin. That created the horizontal sores you can see in the photo. He's been continuing to use a triple antibiotic ointment on them.
He's all better now. We ate lunch today at the Greek Cuisina, then went shopping for new sleeping bags at REI. We didn't buy any.
Just three more days until my intake appointment at the OHSU comprehensive pain center. Counting down the days..

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 10:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    hi, one thing that I have learned is that band-aids are not good for me. I use the easy release/non stick gauze and coban tape( the stuff that sticks only to itself). I have not had the skin pull off because of the adhesive since that change.
    I hope that you do not need this idea for either of you.
    Cath

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

(***)