Very Old, Very Healthy Diabetic

...or die trying.
I was diagnosed in 1998 at the age of 33 with NIDDM or Type 2 diabetes. I come from a diabetic clan. I even married a diabetic. Are you on the diabetes road, too?
This is my goal: to become a very old, very healthy diabetic by day to day choices regarding eating, exercise and medical management. Walk along with me...

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Diabetic, Mental

Today I saw this phrase on an application for services. Under the question, "what is the disability or medical condition that causes you to need services?", lay these words:

"Diabetic, Mental."

I feel the need to add that we had carefully reviewed this particular form, the process lasting about 18 months, and added the words "please be specific" after the question.

The caregiver filled out the form. So I get to call up the caregiver and find out what is meant by the phrase "diabetic, mental" in this particular case.

And what, then, does it mean in my particular case?

And what does it mean in yours?

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Kerri. said…

    Hey Lori - Would you mind sending me your email address? I wanted to send something off to you. Kerri @ sixuntilme dot com.

    Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

(***)