Very Old, Very Healthy Diabetic

...or die trying.
I was diagnosed in 1998 at the age of 33 with NIDDM or Type 2 diabetes. I come from a diabetic clan. I even married a diabetic. Are you on the diabetes road, too?
This is my goal: to become a very old, very healthy diabetic by day to day choices regarding eating, exercise and medical management. Walk along with me...

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Seven Sevens

I'm not usually one for memes, those things that make their way around the internet.I'm not real sure why they don't appeal much to me....

We had a great dinner with Allison. She posted the photo and described the dinner very well. She did inspire both me and Dr. Parts to test more often. We're also reporting our numbers out loud to each other.

Seven Things to do before I die:
1. Visit London
2. Be a parent, or maybe not
3. Write a book
4. Get the house organized
5. Own a chihuahua or other teeny tiny dog (under 10 lbs)
6. Finally become a committed strict vegetarian (eat like a vegan)
7. Get a real career


Seven Things I cannot do:
1. Lie to my mother (Okay, I can do it, but I can't do it well. She always knows. )
2. Save money
3. Pass up an animal in pain or in need
4. Give up chocolate.
5. Give up PepsiOne, my current favorite diet cola. Diet Pepsi is a distant second.
6. Keep a kitchen clean. Heck, keep a house clean.
7. Drive a standard transmission vehicle



Seven Things that attract me to my man:
1. The whole matching disease thing is good
2. Wonderful blue eyes
3. Kindness
4. Christian Faith
5. Strength
6. Can fix things (like cars)
7. Very willing to help folks out

Seven Things I say:
1. "Deep yogurt" (that's a substitute for deep sh**)
2. "That is not a basis for granting paratransit eligibility."
3. "I'd be happy to do that."
4. "You're my favorite husband."
5. "Have the animals been fed, or are they lying to us again?"
6. "I love you."
7. "Life is good."


Seven Books I love:
1. Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
2. Watership Down by Richard Adams
3. The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning
4. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
5. Decision-Making and the Will of God by Garry Friesen (No, really. I do mean it. I'm not making it up. I love this book because the concepts in it changed my life and my relationship with God.)
6. The Bible. Wouldn't travel to a desert island without it. Lots of action and great human drama, lots of stupid human tricks, and lots of excellent words of wisdom, some of which I practice on a regular basis, some not so often. I have much to learn.
7. The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling. AND A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. No, the books. Don't see the movies; read the books.

(They're going to have to take away my keyboard here. I could go on and on about books I love. I love many, many books. Currently finishing up book 2 of Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien. Wow! But I *have* to switch to Social Intelligence by Daniel Goleman, the same guy who wrote Emotional Intelligence Because ten other users at the local library want to read it, so they won't let me renew it. Curse them! Just let me have the books. I just want to hold it in my hand. Oh, that's another thing I say.)

Ahem

Seven Movies I love:
1. The Princess Bride
2. Working Girl
3. Fly Away Home
4. White Christmas
5. Joss Whedon stuff: movie or TV: Buffy, The Vampire Slayer (TV), Firefly (TV), and Serenity (movie)
6. Alien (because of Sigourney, of course, and because they save the cat.)
7. Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile (both based on Stephen King stories. Green Mile features a guy who went to high school with my paternal grandmother, Dabbs Greer)

Seven people to tag:
I don't believe in tagging. If I should have tagged you, then consider yourself tagged. This kind of tagging is sorta like chain letters, which would fall under my 'Seven Things I Hate'...right next to emotional blackmail.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:01 AM, Blogger Chrissie in Belgium said…

    I know what you mean about these tags...... First of all I thought NEVER would I go that low, JUST like a chain letter..... But then I did it and it wasn't so bad and I rally do like reading people's book lists and what they say. Really maybe I MIGHT change my mind about these tag games! Have you noticed that your point of view has changed a teeny bit too?

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger Scott K. Johnson said…

    I got such a kick out of "Deep yogurt"! Ha! That's great!

    I'm hoping that your #2 of things you say has something to do with your work... because if it does not you might need to be checked in somewhere!! :-)

    I love the Princess Bride too!

     
  • At 4:03 PM, Blogger George said…

    Princess Bride is one of the BEST MOVIES EVER!!! No Doubt!

    I love MeME's. At least I like reading them. I like to learn more about my "D" friends!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

(***)