Very Old, Very Healthy Diabetic

...or die trying.
I was diagnosed in 1998 at the age of 33 with NIDDM or Type 2 diabetes. I come from a diabetic clan. I even married a diabetic. Are you on the diabetes road, too?
This is my goal: to become a very old, very healthy diabetic by day to day choices regarding eating, exercise and medical management. Walk along with me...

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Portland Police used a taser to subdue a woman experiencing a diabetic crisis.

Just watched this on KATU news. I haven't located a link to the story yet. Here's a link to the TV channel website.

I don't know this young woman, but would guess that she has type 1.

She is still alive, but upset, obviously.

I'm usually a big fan of the police, even the Portland Police, who have made some ...how shall we say...questionable decisions regarding use of force in the past few years.

But this. This I'm going to be following closely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

(***)