Very Old, Very Healthy Diabetic

...or die trying.
I was diagnosed in 1998 at the age of 33 with NIDDM or Type 2 diabetes. I come from a diabetic clan. I even married a diabetic. Are you on the diabetes road, too?
This is my goal: to become a very old, very healthy diabetic by day to day choices regarding eating, exercise and medical management. Walk along with me...

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I love my grouchy podiatrist!

I think my grouchy podiatrist got the medication right! I have now taken two doses of this NSAID. He prescribed Voltaren, which they filled with the generic diclofenac. He told me to stop taking the OTC naproxen sodium, which I did.

My feet feel better already. I hope this trend continues. I don't know if I'll have to take this med forever or what. I'm enjoying feeling pain-free or 'normal' for these hours. The med does not make me feel loopy or fuzzy, which the percocet definitely did. We'll see how it goes in the days and weeks ahead.

I have nothing good to say about my local Walgreens pharmacy and their process, though. They bobbled the pick-up time and then failed to communicate that to me when I came to the counter three times to pick it up.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YEAH! I'm so happy for you.

    I hope it keeps working!

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger Minnesota Nice said…

    Firstly, I love you picture - you have a vibrant smile!
    Secondly, I am leaving a separate post on your knitting blog about my trip to the yarn shop today.
    Thirdly - foot problems are the pits!! How little we realize the role that walking pain-free plays in our lives.
    I have on and off pain in both feet, but it's not too bad since the podiatrist made me some custom orthotics. They only fit in my dorky shoes, but that's ok. I never really was a flip-flop gal to begin with.
    I also have weird transitory pain in my joints - shoulders, jaw, knee, etc and nobody knows what to make of it. I suspect it might be related to the db, but who can say. Maybe just age-related, or extra stress on the body from the weight I gained with my broken ankle.
    I got an order from my internist for a bone density scan but haven't scheduled it yet - maybe that will reveal something.
    Anyway, the pain is tolerable and thankfully is not in the same place all of the time.
    I haven taken both antidepressants and sleep meds for the last 4 years and remain thankful that they are available.
    Glad to hear you're feeling better.
    On to the yarn blog!
    Kathy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

(***)