Very Old, Very Healthy Diabetic

...or die trying.
I was diagnosed in 1998 at the age of 33 with NIDDM or Type 2 diabetes. I come from a diabetic clan. I even married a diabetic. Are you on the diabetes road, too?
This is my goal: to become a very old, very healthy diabetic by day to day choices regarding eating, exercise and medical management. Walk along with me...

Monday, August 07, 2006

So many topics, what to say?

Monday AM BG = 74
Sunday eating = bad!
AM banana pancakes for breakfast, with Diet Pepsi. This was at a restaurant, and I did not finish the portion they served me.
Mid-afternoon - big garden salad with blue cheese dressing
Snack - Peanut M & Ms, movie size (probably 6-8 ounces)
(After that, I didn't eat dinner. I wasn't really hungry, and the candy so exceeded my calorie intake plan.)

I could talk about my family and diabetes. I could talk about my foot pain. I could talk at length about the controversy about which diabetes is more important and requires more focus from the community at large. I could talk about my feelings about a cure and correct eating. I could talk more about vegetarian eating. I think I'll just postpone more posting until later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

(***)